Saturday, February 18, 2017

Day One of The Crow

I was sitting at our high top table when I heard a Crow start squawking.  I love sitting here when I'm online because if they're any critters out back then I'm sure to see them.  Anyway, I'm sure you've heard Crows squawk when they find something good and they're telling their entire crew about it. lol  The next thing I know this Crow comes swooping down over the birdbath straight to the peanut butter suet, scaring off two doves from the birdbath in the process.  
None of the crew ever showed, but this Crow really enjoyed himself and I really enjoyed the show.  Here's some of the photos, I'll have more later.
BTW..Happy Saturday!  Hope the sun is shining on you as brightly as it is here. :)









8 comments:

MadSnapper said...

he is really a beautiful crow. what fun

Ginny Hartzler said...

He is a handsome boy, and your pictures are so good, and show just how sleek he is. Crows are so smart. Growing up, Phil had a pet crow named Billy. Phil's dad was a preacher, and every Sunday morning Billy would sit on the church window sill and caw while Andy was preaching. Finally enough was enough. Billy was scared of the lawn mower. So on Sunday morning, Andy put the lawn mower in front of billy's pen. He was too scared of it to come past it, success! He would also steal shiny things and stuff them up the drainpipe.

Marie said...

how neat that Billy the Crow enjoyed Andy's preaching. great story, Ginny, thanks for sharing. :)

JoJo said...

One of my friends in Maine is the crow whisperer. She has a few that follow her around and will even eat out of her hand now.

Ann Thompson said...

Nothing better than having a free show right outside your window.
Last time I checked it was 72 degrees. Loving it

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Oh this was fun ! :) Great photos. There are lots of them around here but they rarely visit me...or when they do they are in and out so fast!

When I was a little girl, we lived with my grandparents until I was around 3. The next door neighbor had a pet crow, Blackie, who was tamed. I still remember him!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I enjoyed this post- fun watching him, I'll bet!

betty said...

You got great pictures of him (Her?) Honestly, they scare me :) I was just on another blogger's post that was talking about pigeons. (they scare me too :)

I do like quail :)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

betty