Saturday, May 30, 2015

MOORE SQUARE PARK

A lot of weekends we are out and about learning more about the area we live in.  Living in Cary makes it very convenient to visit Apex, Holly Springs, Morrisville, and Raleigh.  
I had seen a picture of a huge acorn statue that was in a park in Raleigh and I needed to see it in person! It just looked so cool and since I love squirrels, it goes hand in hand! lol  The statue stays in Moore Square which is located in the historic district of downtown Raleigh.  So, off we went and we couldn't have asked for a nicer day, sunny and 80 degrees...Beautiful!

If you would like to know more about the acorn statue visit here  Acorn Statue  
More about Moore Square Park Moore Square Park
Hope everyone has a fabulous Saturday!
The Acorn is 10 ft tall by 8 ft in diameter!














Pretty park!  Great for all ages.








  

15 comments:

JoJo said...

Cool acorn! And very pretty park too. I haven't gone to the link about the acorn yet, but you are very lucky it hasn't been vandalized or stolen for the copper, if that's what the metal is.

TexWisGirl said...

the acorn is very cool! i think you need one for your yard. ;)

MadSnapper said...

that acorn is absolutely beautiful. and the detail in the work is amazing. i love it..looks like a really nice park to

MadSnapper said...

I went to the links and i love the city market in that square. looks like it might belong in TX from the architecture..

My Mind's Eye said...

Hi Marie...thank you for posting about the City of Oaks (aka Raleigh) Acorn. Did you know, at the stroke of midnight on 12/31, it is lowered by a crane during the First Night Celebration?
Hugs Cecilia

My Mind's Eye said...

My mom was raised in downtown Raleigh. Her mom bought all her fresh veggies from the City Market!! And I spent many an hour with my Grandma shopping up there too
Hugs Cecilia

Anonymous said...

You need that acorn in your yard!!! It is very pretty and fun that they used it to count down the New Year. Kind of like Atlanta's Peach drop.

betty said...

What a great acorn! I agree, I would have to see it if I was close by! I like the park; I noticed the bench with a view in it, LOL :)

It is fun to go out and explore new cities, isn't it?

betty

Ms. A said...

Awesome acorn! That does look like a very nice park and your weather sounds lovely. Ours, not so much.

alp said...

Curiosas imagenes...un saludo desde Murcia.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Such a cool statue!

Ann Thompson said...

An acorn that size would be a squirrels dream come true. Very cool statue. That looks like a very nice park too

Michaele said...

What a neat place to visit. Good thing it was designed so people couldn't climb on it. Although I am sure it has been tried.

The Cranky said...

What a charming acorn; I can certainly see why it appeals to you!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I can see why you'd want to view it in person; it's awesome! :)