Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My teen son has started back to school

My son started his sophomore year today.  My little boy is growing up!  He's pretty excited because he started at a new school.  He attended the local public high school last year, but other than friends and that he made the varsity swim team there's not much to be missed.  It's an "A" school, but it's lacking a lot.  The classrooms are overcrowded and there's disrespectful
students that interrupt the teachers constantly, not a very good learning environment.  I found a nice small Christian school that we are all happy with and now that's the school he attends.
What a difference it makes when a teacher actually has time for each student and that students feel important and they actually have time to ask questions. 

6 comments:

MadSnapper said...

it is wonderful you can put him in a smaller and Christian school. much better for him. my sons are 44 and 46 and there children are from 22 to 26, so even my grand kids are done with school.

Memoirs of Me & Mine said...

Ours start back on Monday. I'm not looking forward to it. I feel like the summer went by too fast.
www.rebeccabany.com

SweetMarie said...

Sandra, It is wonderful, he's really enjoying it.
I bet your grandkids love your doggies!

SweetMarie said...

Hi Rebecca and welcome! I feel the same way, summer seemed to fly by for us this year. My son already mentioned Christmas break and I'm telling him to slow down,lol.

SquirrelQueen said...

I'm glad to hear he is happy in the new school. You are so right, public schools these days are not a good learning environment.

It is so hard to believe that schools are starting back already. Summer has gone by way too fast.

SweetMarie said...

My son has been in such a good mood after school everyday. It's so wonderful to hear the excitement back in his voice when he's talking about classes and assignments.
Summer did seem to fly by for us as well.
I enjoy your two questions Thursday :)