Monday, August 1, 2011

No time for driving with the teenager this weekend, playing with the doggies or husband,lol

Let's start with Friday, a visit to a Neurosurgeon.  Yep, he recommends surgery, always fun to think of someone operating near your spinal cord.  Seems that I have herniated discs in my cervical spine and a bone spur, ouch!  I was aware of some of this and it's time to decide on surgery, can't put it off any longer.  The rest of Friday was a good day.  My son started his new very part time job, I'm very proud of him and happy he will have some spending money other than mine. ha ha. 

Then there's Saturday, I woke up early a.m. and had an awful sinus headache.  I started taking medication in hopes I would wake up later and it would be gone.  Nope, I woke back up later that morning and headache was worse and I felt sick to my stomach.  I can't be sick, especially on a weekend!  That means no date with the hubby, no shopping with the best friend and no playing in the sprinklers with the doggies and last but not least, no driving with my wonderful son.  And that's exactly what happened!  I ended up sick all weekend and did nothing but let my hubby feed me toast.  Let me tell you, eating in bed is over-rated!  I had crumbs everywhere!  My puppy dogs were staying close to me which was really sweet, until they would hear the neighbor dogs barking and they would start their barking.  Other then that they were big babies and wanted to get in bed with me.  My Rambo thinks he's a puppy, he doesn't understand he's a 95 lb. big dog, not exactly a lap dog.

On Sunday around 4:00 p.m.  I woke up and realized that my headache wasn't as bad and I could actually talk without feeling like my head would explode.  I can't remember the last time I had such an awful headache.  First thing I did was call my grandma and let her know I was better, she had called and was concerned about me.  She's the best!  I'm so lucky to have her, she'll be 82 this year.  Next, I took a shower and then hubby made some dinner.  Dinner was so good, especially after eating toast and saltines for two days. 

This evening I did some more research on blogging, there's so much to learn.  I really hope this blog works out and I meet some women on here and who knows maybe a bunch of us will be meeting for lunch one day.  Follow your dreams and your passions and it will all work out, that's what I believe.  Hope to hear from you soon...

No comments: