Saturday, October 1, 2011

Grandma Knows Best

My Grandma's birthday is tomorrow, October 2, she'll be 82.  She has always given me good advice.  And I wish I had listened when she told me to always wear sunscreen.  But, when you're a teen growing up in Florida every weekend is beach time! 
Here are a few items around my home that she told me to always have handy.
P.S.  My Grandma ROCKS!



Always have Aloe in case of a burn.  This is by my walkway to my front door.


Keep honey in case of sore throat and it's just good for you.

Wear sunscreen everyday. :)

7 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What great things to always have on hand, I love the aloe waiting right there, I am always getting burned! You are very fortunate to have your grandma around!! Please tell her Happy Birthday for me, and that she has turned her granddaughter into one smart cookie!

Chatty Crone said...

Happy birthday Sweet Marie's grandma. My grandmother in law (gone) and my wonderful niece share the same birthday so I know she has to be a wonderful gal. sandie

TexWisGirl said...

a wise woman. :) happy birthday to her!

Christine said...

I wish I had paid more attention to all those things my granny told me! I thought I knew it all way back when! LOL!

Simple Home said...

Happy Birthday to your grandma :) I grew up near the beach here in So. Cal...I wish I'd worn sunscreen too :)
Blessings,
Marcia

SquirrelQueen said...

Happy Birthday to your Grandma!
She sounds like a very wise woman. Those are all good things to keep on hand.

Your aloe plants look very healthy. I wish I could grow them outside. Mine is in a huge pot in my living room.

Catherine said...

Grandma's always have the best advise. I hope your grandma had a wonderful birthday!
xo Catherine